Have you ever made a mistake…I can guarantee if you speak the truth your answer is yes, of course, we have all made mistakes and we will all continue to make mistakes but the important thing is how we view and how we respond to our mistakes. Often times others hold our mistakes against us and in turn we can sometimes be hard on ourselves when we make a mistake and respond in ways that are mentally and emotionally unhealthy. Some of us might say or think to ourselves “I don’t know why I did that, it was such a stupid mistake.” Or “I wish I never would have done that .”It’s a funny thing and quite ironic I think, that we look at mistakes as a negative. Mistakes, if responded to positively can be an eye-opener, a lesson learned, an opportunity for growth, or an unexpected blessing.
In the past I’ve made several mistakes while trying to see where I fit in with my different talents…at least that’s what a kind friend had me thinking for a moment. Because I allowed myself to agree with that way of thinking I came to a place where I wouldn’t make any decisions in that area because I feared that I would make a mistake. Fortunately I realized those past choices were not mistakes at all, but stepping-stones and doors of opportunity that gave me the chance to see where I didn’t want to be or want to be doing. I am so happy for those eye-opening experiences. I’m still not 100% sure how I will implement my talents but I thank God that I have the confidence to make “mistakes” while figuring it out;=)
Your Task: Give Thanks for Your Mistakes
1. Think about 2 mistakes that you made that really made you feel bad or regretful.
2. Reflect back on 3 things you gained from that mistake. This can be anything like a lesson learned, or an opportunity to meet someone new, or changing the way you do things.
3. Finally, review each mistake. Did you gain anything beneficial or positive from the mistake? Thinking back would you still call it a mistake or a part of God’s master plan ;=) It’s all in the way you look at it.
Daily Journaling: Write 3 Things You Are Grateful for Today
In addition to today’s task, identify 3 things you are grateful for today. These 3 things can be events that occurred today, dangers seen or unseen, unexpected happenings or just reflections on things that you are grateful for on today.
1. God’s hand of favor upon my family.
2. God’s grace and mercy that keeps us from dangers seen and unseen.
3. The necessities of life.
If you would like, you can respond to this post in the comment section below. I’m excited to read your words ;=)