Matthew 28:19 – Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mark 16:15 – And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Matthew 24:14 – And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Have you told anyone about Jesus lately? Unfortunately since I’m writing this post I must be the first to say that I haven’t taken out the time to intentionally tell anyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Although I talk about God all the time and discuss His word daily to someone or another I’m most often talking to someone who already knows Him. So I’m oh so thankful that God pointed this all important matter out to me and I’m making changes starting today! because this is a great day to tell someone about Jesus! In fact everyday is a great day to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
It seems that many of us have left this great commission up to the church on Sunday morning when in truth it is commanded of us to do so. When was the last time you personally witnessed? planted a seed of salvation? led someone in the sinners prayer? How about today? I’ve listed 10 effective ways to share the Good News of Jesus Christ! Pick and choose, anyone will do;=)
1. Just Ask. Simply approaching someone and asking if they know Jesus can be a start. This is an opportunity to let others know that Jesus loves them, tell them about the gospel and even lead them in the sinners prayer. Not the most common method, but I have seen it done more than once. I believe you will be led by God at the specific time to minister to a specific person when these times occur.
2. Give someone a music C.D. Music is a great medium to share about God’s unconditional love and grace. Providing someone with influential lyrics that minister to the soul and spirit is another valuable avenue for sharing the gospel.
3. Host a movie night. There are many awesome christian and inspirational movies that you can use as a tool to witness about Christ Jesus. Grab some good snacks a of couple of friends both saved and not saved to enjoy the movie. Offer a window for Q&A afterwards for more opportunity to share the gospel.
4. Share your testimony. Sharing personal testimonies of Jesus in your life can be the most effective witnessing tool. When you are ever in the situation where your testimony will be a benefit to others make sure to take full advantage of that circumstance and share how God is real and how He has changed your life and can change theirs too.
5. Be friendly. Friendship can be a useful and successful tool to evangelism. Being kind, positive, loving and open to others. This will attract others to the love of Jesus.
6. Social Media. Social media is a widely used tool to get information out. Facebook, Twitter and other media outlets can be set up to share scriptures, inspirational stories of healing and deliverance, and prayers of salvation.
7. Be a living epistle. There will be times when you won’t have to say a thing, your witness will be your life itself. The way you walk, talk, and respond to others will be read by people around you. Your very life is a witness and it will be known and read of men. Be sure to live a life that will draw them to Jesus.
8. Salvation cards. Design salvation cards and hand them out to different people. This card can have “Jesus Loves You” on one side and the sinners prayer on the other with the number to your church for further information. Get creative, have fun, but make sure the message comes through loud and clear.
9. Tracts. Tracts are a very effective piece of christian literature and can be left in your returned library book, with your tip at a restaurant, or even on your neighbor’s door.
10. Be genuine. Be real about your flaws and mistakes. Letting others know that being a Christian does not make you perfect. Being vulnerable makes salvation more real and gives more hope to the unbelievers.