Today is day seventeen of the 21-Day Fitness Challenge! I went out shopping with a friend, and being that we were going to be out for a while it was decided that instead of putting off exercise today we would make it work by turning our shopping experience into today’s fitness activity. We did plenty of walking considering the fact that we were out shopping for literally twelve hours! with most of that time walking around!! In addition to that we intentionally parked farther away from the stores entrance so that we would have to walk a longer distance. We carried larger items to the car instead of pulling up curb side to load them in. It felt good to know that I did not put today’s fitness challenge off not even to shop, but instead came up with an easy way to multitask and fit practical physical activity in to an already cool day;-)
Day 14 – Good To Know
I’ve listed below 10 ways to incorporate increased activity into your busy schedule with short burst of exercise through everyday lifestyle activities.
- Take the stairs
- Do abdominal crunches during commercial breaks
- Window shop
- Play with kids (physical activity)
- Stretch as you’re getting dressed in the morning. Touch your toes or stand on one leg.
- Clean the house (vacuum)
- Practice proper posture (sit or stand up straight)
- Do invisible exercise (tighten butt and stomach muscles holding for ten seconds, release and repeat)
- Park further away and walk to your destination
How did Things Go For You?
1. How did it go for you today? What fitness routine or activity did you complete?
2. Were you able to meet your fitness goals for today? If not what was your challenge and what will you do to overcome it?
3. How did you feel after your fitness work-out or activity?