Today is day-4 of the 21 Day Fitness Challenge. I stayed on schedule and kept with my fitness routine. The plan was to do the “Slim in 6” workout but of course I couldn’t locate it, so on to Plan B and that was to do a repeat of the yoga flexibility work out. Again I made it through with modifications on the same poses as before but I do see progress. I plan to continue throughout the day intentionally including other physical activities that will increase my heart rate.
Day- 4 Fitness Tip
Individuals who exercise regularly are more likely to:
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Effectively control the pain and joint swelling that accompany arthritis
- Maintain lean muscle, which is often lost with increasing age
- Have higher levels of self-esteem and self-confidence
- Continue to perform activities of daily living as they grow older
- Experience overall feelings of well-being and good health
National Institutes of Health Weight Control Information Network—Active at Any Size:www.win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/active.htm
Day-4 For Me
Today everything went well and I was able to do most of the yoga DVD except for the last 3 poses. I ended up taking a phone call which was a distraction. To prevent this next time I will screen calls during my workout time or answer and quickly inform the caller that I will phone them back after my workout. This workout left me feeling okay, I say that because I wasn’t tired nor did I feel super hyped but I was okay and glad I did it. The fitness goal I will accomplish during and after these 21-days is consistent body conditioning with a focus on building muscle while toning.
What About You?
1. How did it go for you today? What fitness routine or activity did you complete?
2. Were you able to meet your fitness goals for today? If not what was your challenge and what will you do to overcome it?
3. How did you feel after your fitness work-out or activity?
4. What is it you want to accomplish in these 21 days? Toning, weight loss, muscle-building or simple becoming more fit. Let us know so we can encourage you to do so.
Make sure if you are participating in this 21 day challenge to post your experiences and results and share with others. That way the more people the better the outcome is for everyone for motivation and inspiration! Remember to post the answers to the questions everyday in the comment box. Keep up the good work! 😉