It’s About That Time!
The 21- Day Fitness Challenge will begin on tomorrow, Monday, September 30th! Let’s make sure we’re geared and ready!!
We all know that fitness is beneficial to our overall health and well-being. Just check out just some of the great benefits.
- Improvement mind, body and soul – you will be more quick and alert, your body will look and feel better inside and out, and it can ease depression and anxiety, relieve stress and help put you in a better mood.
- More Energy – Have you ever just sat or laid around all day and then had the nerves to feel tired? Yeah, “The more you lay the more you stay” Get moving and you will have more energy to keep moving!
- Disease – It will help prevent and/or lower the risk of diseases but not only that it can even improve diseases like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Feel Good! – When it’s all said and done and you’re reaping the benefits of your investment you will feel good about getting more fit and taking care of you! Your confidence can only get stronger and you’re just going to have no other choice but to feel good about it!
It’s Not A Race… Go At Your Own Pace
- Take it slow – If you haven’t ever worked out or you’re starting back after a long hiatus no worries just do what you can do. It’s okay to break it up. let’s say 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. A short amount of time is better than no time at all. Start with 10 minutes, 20 minutes or if you can do the warm-up and stretch! Do what you can do but don’t get comfortable there, make sure you are always encouraging yourself to do more each day as you become stronger. For some who can do more please do! 45 minutes is a good amount of time to get in a good work-out just don’t over do it;-)
A Mind To Move
Time to get moving and you’re not sure what you want to do? Well I’ve listed some exercises and activities from the four basic categories of exercise that will help you choose. Although I have them listed in different categories some fit into more than one category. Like I mentioned before variety is vital for me to complete this challenge. It will help with boredom and keep it interesting.
4 BASIC EXERCISE GROUPS
Endurance, or aerobic activities are great for keeping your heart and lungs healthy as well as your overall circulatory system by increasing your breathing and heart rate. There are many calisthenics exercises and everyday activities that can help build endurance.
- Jumping jacks
- Running/Marching in place
- Abdominal Crunches
- Yard Work
- Jump rope
Now these types of exercise I enjoy and feel good doing. They stretch you muscles and help one to feel limber which keeps you fluid for everyday activities and also other exercises
- Basic stretches
Strengthening exercises make a difference in the way everyday activities are carried out and how muscles become stronger
- Lifting weights
- Using resistant bands
This type of exercise will simply help keep you in balance.
- Standing on one foot
- Tai Chi
Shake It Up!
There are definitely things that can be done to help keep us motivated and keep our fitness journey social and fun even in our everyday lives. Simple examples would be:
- Doing a line dancing.
- Riding the bike are walking the treadmill while watching your favorite show.
- Go shopping for hours. Even if you’re only window shopping, all the walking will do you good.
- Play kickball with the kids.
- Invite friends and family for a night of laser tag.
- Take an evening walk with a loved one and enjoy good conversation.
Make sure to tell a friend and invite them to join you on this 21-day fitness challenge! It’s going to be great!!