Anyone interested in some fall fun? I know I am. This Sunday will officially be the first day of fall!…how exciting is that 😉 My thoughts and calendar are beginning to fill up fast for the different activities and events that will be taking place around the city. I’m so hoping I’m able to attend the annual Art Fair on the Plaza, and I’m definitely looking forward to my first experience at the Renaissance Festival with its Shakespearean theme. Who knows I may even throw a fall fun event this year myself…like I said who knows;-)
I absolutely love this season for so many reasons. I mean close to perfect weather, beautiful scenery, and besides all that, it brings back such good memories for me. I can recall when I was younger, instead of going trick or treating my aunt would have these great Halloween parties for all the kids. We would have goody bags filled with lots of candy, and in addition to that we’d have favorites like candy corn, candy apples, and rice crispy treats. We’d bob for apples, play musical chairs and take lots of pictures and it would be so much fun! Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face. Okay, so let me return from my short trip down memory lane. I just wanted to share with you the sentiments this season holds for me and part of the reason I look forward to it every year. I hope everyone will enjoy fall just as much as I do, but just in case you haven’t really thought about or planned any specific fall festivities I’d like to list a few for you to consider. Try them all, there all fun for everyone!
1. Take a trip to the pumpkin patch and choose that perfect pumpkin.
2. Play in the leaves.
3. It’s such a breathtaking time of year so take plenty of photos of natures beauty.
4. Take a hayride.
5. Go to a corn maze with family and friends.
6.Throw an “Autumn Fun Fest!” ( a fun get together to celebrate autumn anyway you want;-)
7. Bob for apples.
8. Have a bonfire and make S’mores.
9. Go apple picking and have a pie tasting contest for fun.
10. Decorate your home with a harvest theme.
11. Have a candlelight dinner outside.
12. Invite friends over, cozy on the couch with snacks and a good movie.
13. Host a tailgate party
14. Sit around a fire pit and enjoy stories and songs with friends.
15. Get a harvest basket (filled with whatever you like) and give it to someone special.
What are you planning to do this fall season? Do you have any fall family traditions? OR something new that you have always wanted to do? Make sure and share those exciting ideas so others can try them too!