I can’t believe we are almost finished with the 14 – Day Gratitude Challenge! On this day we will focus on doing a gratitude meditation, where we will be expressing gratitude for things that will come true in your life! If you have never done meditation before or don’t understand it’s purpose, meditation is simply the act of intentional thought, prayer, contemplation, pondering or reflection on a specific topic. It is usually done in 10, 15 or 30 minute sessions but do what is feasible for you.
Task: Do a Gratitude Meditation (15 – minutes)
1. Get in a comfortable position!
2. Close your eyes. Clear your mind and think about 2 goals you would like to accomplish in the near future. These goals can be anything from weight loss, health, romance, finances, business, relationship ect.
3. Visualize your first goal coming to fruition. Visualize it in your mind so clearly that you can actually feel the excitement of it at the very moment.
Okay let’s say your goal is to cut your front yard (really it’s one of mine;=) visualize yourself outside mowing the grass, picking up old limbs, and trimming the hedges. Visualize how nice your yard looks afterwards. How do you feel? Excited? Peaceful? Accomplished? What are you thinking? I’m so glad this task is done! I’m so proud of how my yard looks! Visualize the moment. Experience the emotions 100%. Embrace these thoughts, one at a time.
Do the visualization for at least 5 min.
4. As you visualize, express gratitude for realizing this goal. If the goal is to get the yard done, you can say “Thank you Lord for my yard being mowed” or “Thank you for the well manicured grass and the neatly trimmed hedges”. (Express gratitude however you choose).
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for your second goal.
6. When completed with your visualizations and expressions of gratitude, spend your final minute just relaxing.
Your gratitude for these results, along with your goal planning and action taking, will be instrumental to your eventual success. Believe you’ve received!
Daily Journaling: Write 3 Things You Are Grateful for Today
In addition to today’s task, identify 3 things you are grateful for today. These 3 things can be events that occurred today, protection from dangers seen and unseen. Reflections of things that you’ve taken for granted but realize the blessing in it today.
3 things I am grateful for today:
1. I am thankful for the warm sun and cool breezes
2. I am grateful for having dreams and aspirations
3. I am grateful for having a nice yard where grass grows ;=)